Info from Chinese language & Southeast Asian Legal Clinic: This 12 months’s matters embody legalization of hashish, refugee dedication myths & details, Social Help updates, and what’s new in Ford Nation.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND? Community Service Suppliers and Legal Clinic Caseworkers
Legalization of Hashish:
- Karen Andrews, Employees Lawyer, Advocacy and Legal Providers, Advocacy Centre for Tenants Ontario (ACTO)
- Emily Lam, Prison lawyer, Kastner Regulation
- Jeff Poirier, Senior Coverage Analyst, Ontario Human Rights Fee
Debunking Myths about Refugees and Asylum Seekers
- Francisco Rico-Martinez, Co-Director, FCJ Refugee Centre
- Erin Simpson, Refugee lawyer, Simpson Regulation
What’s new in Social Help?
- Marie Chen, Employees Lawyer, Revenue Safety Advocacy Centre (ISAC)
- Jennefer Laidley, Analysis and Coverage Analyst, ISAC
Residing in Ford Nation – Challenges and Alternatives:
- Avvy Go, Clinic Director, Chinese language & Southeast Asian Legal Clinic (CSALC)
When: Friday, 23 November 2018, 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. ET
The place: Steelworkers Corridor, 25 Cecil Road, Toronto, ON M5T 1N1